Mission: To create an environment for women to band together, share their diverse skills, and make a positive impact on our community
The WLC Provides opportunities for all women to grow personally and professionally, while also helping them build their influence in the community. WLC sponsors a variety of events such as socials, networking events, and training seminars. Check out the Chamber's calendar of events and see what's coming up next.
The council also sponsors the “Women of Excellence" Awards. Since 2011, these awards have recognized the unique leadership influence of women in the greater Greenwood area.
Every 18 months, the council holds a Women’s Leadership Conference, which is designed to inspire women to grow, learn, and reach their personal and professional potential. The conference includes a full day of inspiring speakers, interactive workshops, a challenging luncheon panel, and an exhibitor’s showcase. Learn more about the conference by visiting www.wlconference.com.
The Women's Leadership Council (WLC) of Greenwood, SC is pleased to announce the eighth annual “Women of Excellence" Awards. These awards recognize the unique leadership influence of women in the greater Greenwood area. Recipients will be honored at the WLC’s Women of Excellence Awards Luncheon on Friday, January 26, 2018 at Harris Baptist Church.
Please carefully review criteria for all three awards and submit your nominations on or before Friday, January 12, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
Criteria to be addressed in submitting a nomination must include:
- Her role in starting or leading an initiative in the community or in business.
- A description of the depth of her involvement and contributions of time, talent, and resources in that initiative.
- An explanation of how the nominee has utilized her influence to enhance opportunities for women.
- Nominees must be residents of the greater Greenwood area.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
To nominate someone for an award, please do the following:
- Complete the attached Nomination Cover Sheet for each woman nominated.
- Respond to the three questions on the Award Nomination Form, addressing the criteria listed above. Limit each Award Nomination to a total of two typed pages.
- Attach a one page biography and/or resume of the nominee.
- Send the package containing the above items to the WLC/Chamber by fax, e-mail, or US mail:
Chandler Darling, (864) 229-9785
Women’s Leadership Council Awards
Greenwood Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 980
Greenwood, SC 29648-0980
Completed packages must be received at the Chamber no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 12, 2018.
A WLC panel will carefully review all nominations and select the award recipient(s).
Questions? Please contact:
Angelle LaBorde, CCE
President & CEO
Greenwood Chamber of Commerce
Mamie Nicholson, WLC Awards Chair, The Self Family Foundation, (864) 953-2441, email@example.com
Check out all our events for the season!