Mission: To create an environment for women to band together, share their diverse skills, and make a positive impact on our community
The WLC Provides opportunities for all women to grow personally and professionally, while also helping them build their influence in the community. WLC sponsors a variety of events such as socials, networking events, and training seminars. Check out the Chamber's calendar of events and see what's coming up next.
The council also sponsors the “Women of Excellence" Awards. Since 2011, these awards have recognized the unique leadership influence of women in the greater Greenwood area.
Every 18 months, the council holds a Women’s Leadership Conference, which is designed to inspire women to grow, learn, and reach their personal and professional potential. The conference includes a full day of inspiring speakers, interactive workshops, a challenging luncheon panel, and an exhibitor’s showcase. Learn more about the conference by visiting www.wlconference.com.
The Women's Leadership Council (WLC) of Greenwood, SC is pleased to announce the sixth annual “Women of Excellence" Awards. These awards recognize the unique leadership influence of women in the greater Greenwood area. Recipients will be honored at the WLC’s Women of Excellence Awards Luncheon on Friday, January 13, 2017 at the the Harris Baptist Church.
Please carefully review criteria for all three awards and submit your nominations on or before Thursday, December 15, 2016 by 12:00 noon.
- The Catalyst Award honors a woman who regularly makes things happen beyond the scope of her regular job or position within the community. This woman takes initiative and demonstrates her energy, enthusiasm, and passion for a particular project or event or cause. Criteria to be addressed in submitting a nomination must include:
- Her role in starting or leading a new initiative in the community or in business
- A description of the depth of her involvement and contributions of time, talent, and resources in that initiative
- How her efforts and passion have increased the services or opportunities for members of our community.
- The Sustainer Award honors a woman who has maintained a leadership role or has been a key supporter of an initiative over an extended period of time. The nominee is a steady, reliable force who continually ensures an initiative is successful. Criteria to be addressed in submitting a nomination must include:
- A description of how this woman exemplifies the characteristics of a dedicated sustainer.
- Examples of the measures she has taken to ensure the initiative continues.
- How her steady and reliable contributions have enhanced the services or opportunities for members in our community.
- The Trailblazer Award honors a woman who may be the first in her field to be a significant achiever who has “opened doors” for other women and served as a role model for others to follow. Criteria to be addressed in submitting a nomination must include:
- A description of the challenges this woman has faced and how she overcame obstacles to reach a significant milestone.
- An explanation of how the nominee has utilized her influence to make a positive impact and enhance opportunities for women.
- Nominees must be residents of the greater Greenwood area.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations must be submitted for a specific award.
- Please do not nominate a woman for more than one award each year.
To nominate someone for an award, please do the following:
- Complete the attached Nomination Cover Sheet for each woman nominated.
- Complete the appropriate Award Nomination Form, addressing each of the three criteria for that specific award. Limit each Award Nomination to two typed pages.
- Attach a one page biography and/or resume of the nominee. (optional)
- Send the package containing the above items to the WLC/Chamber by fax, e-mail, or US mail:
Women’s Leadership Council Awards
Greenwood Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 980
Greenwood, SC 29648-0980
Completed packages must be received at the Chamber no later than 12:00 Noon on Thursday, December 15, 2016.
A WLC panel will carefully review all nominations and select the award recipients.
Questions? Please contact:
Angelle LaBorde, CCE
President & CEO
Greenwood Chamber of Commerce
(864) 223-8431, ext. 226
Trish Buis, WLC Awards Co-Chair, 941-8420, email@example.com
Sara Sears, WLC Awards Co-Chair, 725-5045, firstname.lastname@example.org
SAVE THE DATE
We are pleased to announce the 2017 Women’s Leadership Upstate Conference will be held on March 10, 2017 at Lander University. This conference is a collaborative effort initiated by the Greenwood, SC Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) and the Greenwood SC Chamber of Commerce.
The purpose of this conference is to offer leadership, learning and networking opportunities to women which will inspire, empower, and motivate them to achieve their personal and professional goals. The target audience is women in the upstate region of South Carolina and is open to women of all professions and backgrounds. The conference will feature keynote speakers, 15 workshop sessions, a Networking Exhibitor Showcase, and catered breakfast and lunch. We anticipate attendance of 300 - 350 women.